Data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- not kept longer than necessary;
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights;
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
These principals are intended to protect the rights of individuals about whom we record personal data. For further information on Data Protection please go to the website of the Data Protection Registrar. If you have any questions concerning personal information or if you wish to see details of the information held about you, please contact our Legal Department.
What we record
HFM primarily may store the following data about current, past or potential recipients, customers or clients for goods and services:
Details that can be matched with a person's identity such as:
- address details
- employment details
- personal interests
- personal activities
- spending habits
- qualifications and skills
- significant relationships
- Financial Identifiers that can be obtained from the transaction details of your account history with HFM.
- Credit Worthiness details from credit reference agencies.
- Details of your income, assets, investments, liabilities, and outgoings.
Market research information
- Details that can be used to assess spending habits such as details of goods or services provided.
- Details of your business activities.
- Identifiers issued by public bodies
- Current marriage or partnership
- Details of other family and household members
- Details of your accommodation and housing
- Membership of professional bodies
- Details of loans, mortgages, credits, allowances, benefits and grants
- Insurance and pension details
How we obtain and record it
This information is obtained from you (or from third parties who are authorised users on your account by virtue of holding passwords to your account or servers) and other credit reference agencies or other organisations (Inland Revenue, Accountants, etc) when you apply for an account or any product or service. We will store and process data on HFM computers or in any other way.
Why we record this data
HFM collect data in order to conduct our business and to develop and improve our service to our customers. Information (such as name, address, telephone number, credit card number) and other information is collected in order to bill our customers, manage customer accounts and provide service to them.
Marketing and selling
We collect personal information from you through online registration forms, telephone conversations and e-mails, for market and product analysis. We process personal information collected via the HFM site in order to:
- Provide you with information about our products and services
- Provide you with offers of related services
- Conduct specific marketing campaigns
- Assist us in meeting customer expectations in evolving new products
- Inform you about products and services (including those of others) that may be of interest to you
Data may also be stored concerning the way you use and manage your account and the products or services that you order from us.
Website traffic tracking
HFM may collect information automatically about your visit to our site. This data includes demographic data and browsing patterns. We use this information to monitor usage of the site, review product demand and as an aid to future development or to access marketing profiles.
We will not disclose any personal information we keep about you to any third parties other than:
- Credit reference and fraud prevention organisations. The information may be used to make assessments for credit, for debt tracing and to prevent fraud.
- Trusted partners and suppliers we may engage to provide services that involve processing data on our behalf or acting as our agents under a strict code of confidentiality.
- As required by law or regulation.
HFM treats all the data we store with the utmost care and security and have put in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of your information.
Designer Servers operates a strict permission-based marketing policy. By registering on our mailing list or by entering your details in any promotional offer or competition we may from time to time maintain, you are electing to receive sales and marketing information by email, postal mail, telephone or in any other form. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by emailing us here.
Links to other sites
Amendments to the policy